NEW YORK (May 4, 2011) — ConsumerSearch.com, an award-winning Web site that analyzes expert and user-generated consumer product reviews and recommends the best products to buy based on the findings, today launched its mobile Web site, giving shoppers access to thousands of product reviews, rankings and expert shopping tips, all while on the go.
Available on leading smartphone devices, the mobile Web site allows visitors to search for product reviews across ten popular categories including Electronics, Home & Garden, Fitness, Computers and Health & Beauty, and provides access to information they need to make the best shopping decisions.
Key features of the mobile Web site include:
- ConsumerSearch.com’s selection of the top-rated products (based on expert and user reviews) along with ConsumerSearch.com editors’ tips on what to look for when buying the product, and important product trends and developments.
- A complete report and analysis of what experts say about a product, including insight into who those experts are.
- The ability to compare product prices from various retailers.
- The ability to purchase products directly from Amazon.com and other leading retailers.
- Links to ConsumerSearch.com’s popular blog “Productopia,” which features product news and reviews, along with cautionary shopping tales and buyer-beware advisories.
“With interest in mobile usage continuing to grow, ConsumerSearch.com’s mobile Web site will provide users with the information they need to make informed purchasing decisions at a time when they are actively seeking and needing it the most,” said Brett Krasnove, director, product management, ConsumerSearch.com.
About The About Group
The About Group comprises the Web sites About.com, ConsumerSearch.com and CalorieCount.com. About.com is a valuable resource for content that helps users solve the large and small needs of everyday life. ConsumerSearch.com analyzes expert and user-generated consumer product reviews and recommends the best products to purchase based on the findings. CalorieCount.com is an online resource that helps users solve the everyday challenges of losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle.
The About Group is part of The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), a leading media company with 2010 revenues of $2.4 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, 15 other daily newspapers and more than 50 Web sites, including NYTimes.com, Boston.com and About.com. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.