NEW YORK (May 16, 2011) – Calorie Count (www.caloriecount.com), a free Web site that helps users solve the everyday challenges of losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle, today launched its Calorie Count app for Android mobile devices.
The free application allows Android users to search and log nutritional data for 200,000 foods, review popular exercises, as well as track their personal healthy-living goals, all while on the go. The Android app will join Calorie Count’s existing mobile products, which include an iPhone application, a mobile Web site and a text messaging service.
Key features of the Calorie Count Android app include:
- An easy-to-use dashboard with graphics that allows users to navigate through the application while being able to quickly visualize their dieting progress.
- One of the most comprehensive nutritional analyses of food.
- The ability to quickly search and easily log 200,000 food items.
- Tools to view current and past food, activity and visual weight logs featuring interactive graphs.
- Automatic updates of information logged on Calorie Count member accounts through a computer or the Android app.
“We are thrilled to bring Calorie Count’s healthy-living tools and services to the Android market. The launch of the Calorie Count Android app provides an additional mobile platform for the Calorie Count brand, allowing us to further support members, no matter where they may be at the time” said Igor Lebovic, co-founder, Caloriecount.com.
About The About Group
The About Group comprises the Web sites About.com, ConsumerSearch.com and CalorieCount.com. About.com is a valuable resource for content that helps users solve the large and small needs of everyday life. ConsumerSearch.com analyzes expert and user-generated consumer product reviews and recommends the best products to purchase based on the findings. CalorieCount.com is an online resource that helps users solve the everyday challenges of losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle.
The About Group is part of The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), a leading media company with 2010 revenues of $2.4 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, 15 other daily newspapers and more than 50 Web sites, including NYTimes.com, Boston.com and About.com. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.